Dried fruits are added to hundreds of food recipes from cakes and curry to desserts and granola. Nutritionists emphasize the health benefits of dry fruits and their role in a balanced diet. Here is a list of seven commonly available and super-nutritious dry fruits that should be consumed every day for all the health benefits that they possess.
- Almonds - An everyday dry fruit you should never skip. One of the most commonly consumed dry-fruits; almonds have several health benefits for people across age-groups. Being naturally high in monounsaturated fatty acids and Vitamin E, almonds help in maintaining healthy cholesterol levels. High dietary fiber, proteins and good fats present in almonds makes you feel fuller and thus helps to avoid overeating.
- Dates - Don’t miss your date with this Iron-rich dried fruit. Talk about winters and this gooey yet superdelicious dry fruit comes to mind. This wholesome and nourishing delight can be savored in any form, be it dessert or as a snack as well. Being naturally high in sugars such as glucose, fructose and sucrose, dates can give an immediate boost of energy.
- Pistachio - Pistachios are good for the heart as they help in lowering bad cholesterol level. They also help prevent diabetes and boost immunity as it has anti-oxidant properties. It prevents diabetes as it controls sugar level in your body. It prevents diseases (cold, flu, etc.) due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Walnuts - This shelled nutty delight is extremely nutritious. It is loaded with vital Omega-3 fatty acids, dietary fibers, proteins, anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals. Walnuts are rich in B-vitamins and antioxidants that fight free radical damage thus delaying and helping prevent wrinkles and other signs of ageing.
- Apricots - Apricots provide for 47% of your daily vitamin A needs in a single serving and are a good source of potassium, vitamin E and copper. Vitamin E, like all anti-oxidant vitamins (A and C), is vital in protecting the cells from damage caused by free radicals. This is especially important in summer when the sun is at its strongest. Dried apricots are good for the skin, eyes and the immune system.
- Raisins - Raisins are made from dehydrated grapes and are used in both sweet and savory food preparations. They are good for health and have been known to reduce acidity and help in digestion. Raisins are good for your bones, eyes and teeth. It is ideal for athletes and body builders as it is a powerful source of energy.
- Cashews - These nuts are loaded with health benefits and are a rich source of vitamins E and B6. What’s more? They can also be used to bring a rich texture and flavor to various dishes. It may keep heart diseases away as it helps lower your cholesterol level. It can help fight against cells that cause tumors.